With LendingUSA, you could pre-qualify for vet financing in a matter of minutes without impacting your credit score. The entire process is done online and the funds could be deposited into your account in as little as 24-hours.
What happens if you can’t afford a vet bill?
If you are unable to afford a vet bill, you have several options available that you should consider. From financial aid to crowdfunding, to payment plans and personal loans, there is usually always a way to secure the financing you need to keep your furry loved one healthy and active.
Here is a list of a few options you should explore if you are unable to afford a vet bill:
- Financial aid: If you qualify due to your income, you could secure funding for a vet bill through one of the many non-profit organizations that operate within the United States to help out pet owners with this very problem. Some clinics are partially funded from private donations and they can offer a low-cost alternative for vet care as well. The Humane Society of the United States keeps a database of these types of clinics and non-profit organizations that may be able to help you and your pet if you are in need of assistance.
- Crowdfunding: A newer option that has risen in popularity in recent years is the opportunity to crowdfund through online platforms like GoFundMe. By using a crowdfunding platform, you can ask your friends and family to help pitch in to cover the cost of a veterinary procedure for your pet. Also, your circumstance could go viral and you could even see funding from complete strangers who can sympathize with your case.
- Personal loan: A personal loan is also known as vet financing. This is a great option for individuals that do not want to deplete their savings or that do not want to charge vet bills onto a high-interest credit card. Vet loans often can have lower interest rates and deferred interest repayment plans available.
- Credit cards: Using your credit card is always an option, and if the amount of the procedure is not significant, it could be the easiest and most convenient way to cover a quick vet bill and then pay it off after your next paycheck comes in.
These are just a few of the options available to anyone who is looking to pay for a vet bill who cannot afford to pay cash for the bill upfront. Some options may be more realistic than others and it is up to you to determine which is the best solution for you.
How do you finance a vet bill?
Financing a vet bill is easy with LendingUSA. The first step is to go to the website and check your rate. By providing some personal information alongside some financial and employment details, you can get an answer within minutes as to whether or not you can qualify for up to $12,000 in veterinary financing.
Once you are pre-qualified for the loan amount that you need, you can review the loan offer details to determine how much you may pay in interest and any other applicable fees. With LendingUSA, if you pay the entire loan balance within 6-months from the loan disbursement date, you could see a 0% interest charge on your loan amount.
If you are willing to agree to the terms and conditions of your loan offer, go ahead and complete the loan application process. Once your application is submitted and approved, you could see the money deposited into your bank account in as little as one business day.
Do vets offer payment plans?
You could always talk directly with your veterinarian about whether or not they offer any payment plans for vet bills and expenses. Some vets do have programs in place, while others do not. Depending on the size of the veterinary clinic, they could even offer their own financing options or accept pet medical insurance. If you have pet insurance already, you may have learned the hard way that it does not always cover the entire bill.
Whether you need to finance a portion of a bill or the entire bill you can use veterinary financing offered by LendingUSA. So how does it work? LendingUSA can give you up to $12,000 upfront to cover the cost of your pet’s medical procedure and then you pay back the loan amount in the form of monthly payments. As an added bonus, if you are able to pay back the entirety of the loan within 6-months of the disbursement date, you will pay zero percent interest on the loan amount.
Even if you cannot pay off the loan amount within 6-months, you could still qualify for a low-interest rate that will make vet financing a more affordable option than using a credit card or any other form of financing. There is no penalty for paying off the loan before the end of the repayment period, so you can feel free to pay off the loan as quickly as you can to limit the number of interest payments you will need to make.
What are the best financing options for vet bills?
Before swiping your credit card to afford expensive vet bills you should consider other options. At LendingUSA you can qualify for vet bill financing for up to $12,000. You may even qualify for 0% promotional periods. Alternatively, your veterinary office may offer payment plans or financing. If you can’t afford the care your pet needs or a monthly payment, you should contact local animal welfare organizations to see if they can offer financial assistance.
Pros and cons of veterinary bill financing?
Anytime you are looking to finance an expense, there are many pros and cons you need to consider. Pros could include not dipping into your savings, not having to pay incredibly high-interest rates charged by credit card companies, and how quick the process is and how fast you will get your money. Cons may include the existence of interest payments and the possibility of other fees and penalties if you fall behind on payments.
Here is a quick recap of the pros and cons of financing your pet’s veterinary bills:
- The pre-approval process is quick and will let you know immediately if you qualify for up to $12,000 in vet financing.
- Once approved, you could see the funds deposited into your account in as little as 24-hours.
- Veterinary financing often has lower interest rates than credit cards.
- The entire process can be completed from the comfort of your own home.
- Still may cost more than paying cash due to interest.
- Opening a new line of credit can have a little bit of a negative impact on your credit score.
Like any type of financing, there are always pros and cons. The best thing you can do is explore all the payment and financing options that are available to you and then do a cost-benefit analysis to determine which source of financing is best for your financial situation.
What credit score is needed for vet financing?
At LendingUSA we can approve borrowers with FICO scores as low as 620. We want to provide as many customers as possible the opportunity to say “yes” to the products and services they really want or need. The best way to determine if you qualify for vet financing is to visit LendingUSA and check your rate.
What types of veterinary procedures and services are covered under vet bill financing?
The best part of using an unsecured personal loan for financing veterinary procedures is that you can use the funds for any procedure that you and your vet deem appropriate.
Some examples of the most common pet surgeries include:
- Spaying and neutering: The spaying and neutering of cats and dogs are by far the most common veterinary procedure. Not only will this prevent unwanted pregnancies, but there are also numerous benefits to preventing certain types of cancers as well as improving a pet’s behavior.
- Dental surgery: Often a pet may need to have a decaying tooth extracted to preserve its gum tissue and jawbone. Tooth extraction is a common veterinary procedure that can be financed.
- Internal surgery: In the unfortunate event your pet swallows something that cannot pass normally through the digestive tract, you may need to go in and remove it. Also, the removal of tumors and bladder stones is a common procedure.
- Cataract surgery: Just like humans, pets can develop cataracts on their eyes and they will need to be removed in order to help your animal see better.
These are just a few examples of some of the many veterinary procedures that can be paid for with vet financing.
Pet ownership can be expensive yet rewarding. The unconditional love a pet can provide truly is priceless. If your beloved pet is in need of medical care you should consider financing through LendingUSA. LendingUSA can work with customers directly to provide financing or partner with veterinary offices so that they can offer financing. With promotional financing available and competitive interest rates, LendingUSA is a top choice for vet financing.
Discover vet financing for good and bad credit. . . check your rate today!